Bo Jackson Signature Sideliners Ahi Tuna Melt Boats
The Bo Jackson Signature Foods Test Kitchen with Chef Mark just aired Episode 3. Did you see the LIVE show? This week, Chef Mark used the Bo Jackson Signature Sideliners (the Ahi Tuna Sliders), to make Tuna Melt Boats. Scooping out the middle of yellow squash, and combining several ingredients, including the Ahi Tuna Sliders from Bo Jackson Signature Foods, the dish was a home run! In fact, fellow Host Vanessa finished off numerous tuna melt boats throughout the course of the day. Innovative and delicious! A great use for the Bo Jackson Signature Foods line!
Make sure to LIKE/FOLLOW the Kitchen Ambush team at https://Facebook.com/The KitchenAmbush to be notified when the next Bo Jackson Signature Foods Test Kitchen with Chef Mark goes LIVE. Airing each Tuesday at 1PM EST, Chef Mark will inspire us and re-imagine Bo Jackson's food products. And you can interact! Vanessa will monitor Facebook and ask Chef Mark all your questions in real time! So tune in LIVE! We want to hear from you!
- 2 zucchini or yellow squash
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or greek yogurt (optional)
- 1 box of Bo Jackson Signature Sideliners Ahi Tuna Sliders (6)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar and monterey jack cheeses
- ¼ cup roasted/ sauteed red onion (can substitute raw)
- ¼ cup roasted/ sauteed red bell pepper (can substitute jarred roasted peppers)
- 1 teaspoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup diced green onion
- ⅓ cup sour cream or greek yogurt (or mayonnaise)
- 1 tablespoon whole grain or dijon mustard
- freshly ground black pepper, salt
- freshly squeezed lemon juice, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash/ zucchini down the middle, long ways, tip to top. Core out the seeds of each half with a large spoon. It will look like a canoe when completed. Align on a sheet tray, lightly salt and pepper.
- In a medium mixing bowl break up the Bo Jackson Signature Sideliners Ahi Tuna Sliders with a spatula. Toss with the remaining ingredients, saving some of the cheese to lightly sprinkle across the top before baking. Stir to combine. Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Evenly fill each canoe with the Bo Jackson Signature Sideliners Ahi Tuna Sliders mixture and then sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese. Place the baking sheet in the oven for 15-18 minutes, until the cheese has golden and melted. Serve immediately.